As the Cascade Senior Center re-opens, the current members of the Cascade Senior Center Advisory Board would appreciate your consideration to become part of the board. This will be an exciting year as we return to our normal activities at the Senior Center and the current board members are excited about the opportunity to be a part of the re-opening.
Questions that you may have concerning being a part of the Advisory Board:
- Who can serve on the Cascade Advisory Board?
– any member of the Cascades Senior Center
- How long is a term of service on the Advisory Board?
– two years
- How often does the Advisory Board meet?
– once a month
- What is expected of each Advisory Board Member?
- to attend at least eight (8) monthly meetings each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)
- to participate in at least two (2) board-sponsored activities during the fiscal year
- to be active on at least one Advisory Board committee
- respect the confidentiality of board finances, conversations and one-on-one conversations with other board members or staff persons regarding board meetings and activities
The Cascade Advisory Boards works with the Center Staff to plan, develop, and implement Center activities. We sponsor events to raise funds to support Senior Center activities and programs such as:
- Raffles and bake sales
- Curio Cabinet sales
- Annual Arts and Craft Fair
We are a volunteer group, and 100% of funds generated by the advisory board goes back to support the activities of the Cascade Senior Center. Examples of what financial support we have provided in the past:
- Furniture for the Senior Center – just delivered
- Flowers to hand out for Valentine and Mother’s day
- Pins to hand out for Memorial Day
- Entertainment (live & DJ) and/or Food and/or Decor for special events
- Guest Instructors/Speakers
- Yarn (lots and lots of yarn) for the Knit and Crochet group to support local charities with handmade items
- Yoga Mats and Exercise Blocks
- Spanish Books and Materials
The list goes on and on…
Come and join the excitement of restarting our Senior Center as an Advisory Board Member, let’s all work to make this year better than ever before.
Thank you for your consideration.